Saturday, July 21, 2007

la bon vie

So here I am, sitting on my balcony sipping Cava in beautiful crystal champagne glasses, dreaming about what I should purchase with my gift certificate from a kitchen mega store, while my husband is slaving away in the kitchen making me a birthday dinner that you all chose.

Does it get any better than this?

Today was one of those days where you sit back and say 'wow, look how incredible everything is'. I'll be the first to tell you that I'm a lucky girl, and I don't take anything or anyone for granted.

After a relaxing morning, we headed out to Mony's parents home for a mini birthday gathering. It was a perfect. There was delicious cheesecake, a peach tart (more on that later), fruit, and wine with cheese. It looked like something out of a Norman Rockwell painting.

The wine was a crisp and tart sauvignon blanc that went wonderfully with the variety of cheeses. There was everything from a mild Jarlsberg to a creamy Brie, with selections for everyone. The afternoon was fun, and perfectly catered to what I enjoy. With hectic schedules, it was comforting knowing that everyone tried their best to be there for this...for me. (Jenn, you're forgiven this once)

So here I am, at home - sitting outside, enjoying the sun...waiting patiently for my birthday dinner while Mony tries his best to make things perfect for me. I can hear him silently panicking, frantically looking for a certain sauce pan, while I try my hardest not to interfere. It's hard, especially knowing where everything is placed. But I'll enjoy my quiet time here, slowly sipping my champagne and periodically offering my help...knowing I'll only be denied. One thing I can say, though, is that no matter how tonight's dinner turns out, I do have to give him A+ for effort.

Here's to good husbands...

3 comments:

Annie Ruok said...

The glasses look gorgeous in the pix - glad u loved 'em, Dina! I feel crappy that I missed such a nice afternoon - those cheeses looked divine! Sorry again that the timing didn't work out for me to be there....

So, r u & Mony gonna make us wait all the way 'til tomorrow to see pix of the dinner & read about his prep stories?! Or, maybe u'll post tonite....I'll be watching & checking every so often!!!

Glad u enjoyed your pre-bday celebrations Dina!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of the food Mony cooked tonight...Glad that you had fun this afternoon and enjoyed your gifts...looking forward to celebrate
more occasions with you....

muebles en caceres said...

Quite worthwhile information, thanks so much for the post.