Tuesday, June 12, 2007

the good life

For some reason I feel as though I'm already vacationing. My mind is constantly in Portugal with this great weather we've been having.
This morning I thought I'd have breakfast out on the balcony. It was so nice. The birds were chirping, people were getting ready for work, and I was enjoying my life.

Breakfast included a slice of toast smeared with goat cheese and a drizzle of honey. And of course my essential cup of coffee.

The soft goat cheese was salty and creamy, a perfect balance for the sweet, earthy honey. The bread was a whole grain loaf from a nearby bakery.

I rarely have breakfast but this is something that I really love.
It's a great way to start the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last picture looks incredible. I miss Montreal summers...I need to come back home soon. NJ does not have any good goat cheese at all.

Annie Ruok said...

Looks like a very tasty breakfast - I wish I could get myself up early enough to enjoy a nice breakfast on the balcony (vs. speeding out at the last minute with a yogurt to eat on the train & granola bar to eat at work) - after hitting the snooze button multiple times!

Anonymous said...

Even such a simple thing like goat cheese on a piece of bread looks so appetizing .......