Thursday, May 10, 2007

chop chop!

It was my dad who introduced me to the world of grilling. We used to throw chicken, burgers or pork chops on the grill throughout the summer and all sit around the table to eat together. I would stand at my dad's side as he grilled on the patio and, although I was too young to handle the bbq duties, when he would head into the house, I'd grab the tongs and pretend that I was the bbq king.

Some of my fondest childhood memories was eating dinner as a family and feasting on the bounty that was perfectly seared and steaming hot, right off the grill.

This explains why, in the summer, we go through tanks of propane like it was going out of style. But we wouldn't have it any other way.

Tonight we quickly marinated some pork chops with dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, garlic, olive oil and chili sauce and cranked up the bbq to high. A few minutes on each side and the chops were ready to devour. And devour we did.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am proud of this piece of history and I am pleased that you remember it so well...keep the tradition alive.

Anonymous said...

These memories bring tears to my eyes.....all of us around the table in the kitchen talking about what happened during the day... laughing about little things...

Anonymous said...

I remember this old times too bugging mony. It was so good. LOL

dina (Lucas' mom) said...

i hope you keep this tradional alive too when we have little ones. you'll have to teach them how to bbq like a pro.

Anonymous said...

Oh.....

I am very ready for that ....